PEGlobal are currently seeking a Manfuacturing Engineering Technician (mechanical and electrical) for our multinational medical devices client in Edinburgh area.
Role requires technicians to carry out planned preventive maintenance (PPM), reactive maintenance and small engineering project / improvement tasks. Role is also responsible for problem identification, root cause analysis, efficiency or productivity improvement, and problem resolution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prioritizes, assigns, and coordinates work requests in the absence of a team leader based on machine priorities.
• Manages third party service providers and ensures achieving targets on key indicators of quality, workmanship.
• Looks to identify methods of reducing waste, costs and/or improving machine performance.
• Ensures quality and safety of their own work and timely completion of same.
• Complies with all GMP / Regulatory requirements of a Medical Device manufacturer.
• Records details of all maintenance and project tasks in CMMS including parts used and time spent on each work order.
• Coordinates phases of work with other departments within the company.
• Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Company Policies and National and Local Government Regulations.
• Assists in Revising and maintaining engineering, equipment and process procedure.
• Participates in GMP audits regarding equipment recording and machine performance.
• Coordinates communications and interfaces within end user and machine manufacturers or suppliers.
• Participates in projects involving other departments and activities (QA, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, etc.)
• Adheres to company 5S program and ensures work areas are kept safe and tidy.
Required Education, Training and/or Experience:
• Formal Engineering Training such as a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent combination of experience & qualifications.
• Four years minimum experience in process or maintenance engineering in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Basic computer skills and use of software application(s). (MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Minitab, etc.)