Engineering & Electronics
1D Battery Simulation Engineer
PE Global are looking for a Battery Simulation Engineer for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is 12 Month contract position with a minimum of 1 day onsite every 2 weeks.
As a Battery 1D Simulation Engineer, you will report to the section’s Engineering Manager and take your work direction from the Battery Simulation Lead. You will have responsibility for creating 1D simulation models, calibration/validation of these models and applying them to real world analysis scenarios. This will also include creating models for HIL bench applications and completing co-simulation activities with the BMS software.
- Creating 1D simulation models for batteries including auxiliary electrical equipment in Matlab/Simulink
- Calibration and validation of these models to test data and other sources of available data
- Write requirements, procedures, reports and formally present results.
- Collaborate with the global battery team
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) within a field of Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink (or similar)
- Experience with mechanical/electrical/thermal 1D modelling techniques and methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written/verbal/presentation communication, teamwork)
- Excellent problem solver who is self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Experience with Lithium-Ion battery systems and control
- Experience with HIL bench 1D modelling
- 2-years’ experience in a related field
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***