Account Manager (medical sales)
- Home Counties
The organisations Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, the organisations Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are devoted to shaping the future of surgery by advancing innovation, addressing the most pressing healthcare issues and improving lives every day. Our product portfolio includes energy devices, wound closure, endo-mechanical, cardiothoracic, gyne, urology and thyroid, biosurgery surgical devices and sutures.
In this role you will be responsible for promoting across the portfolio.
You will be responsible for a combination of NHS hospitals (Western Sussex, Surrey, Poole, Bournemouth, Jersey and Guernsey)
• Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
• Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key customers and stakeholders in secondary care. Takes the lead in managing the Specialty customer.
• Manage territory through the development of comprehensive business plans. Focus on highest value opportunities to grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
• Manage and develop accounts and own the relationship between the Company and the customer, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Account Planning
o Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilizing key systems and data, both internally and externally, where appropriate to gain a broad understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs.
o Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment.
o Present brand value propositions and value-added customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours.
o Work collaboratively with colleagues across Medical Devices to deliver business plan.
• Professional Education and Marketing
o Leadership of customer training activities. Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as championing the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering.
What you will be great at:
• You will have a proven track record in Medical Sales, ideally within the Medical Devices sector
• Hospital sales experience is essential
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by the company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
The Individual: • Pro-active, ‘can do’ attitude • Strong personal leadership skills • Strong account management skills and collaborative working, ideally in the hospital selling environment • Ability to recognise, develop and manage Key Opinion Leaders • Able to handle complex technical information • Proven ability to work alongside customers to ensure we are involved with local strategy and decision making