Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
- Full Time
- Galway, County Galway, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare is currently recruiting for an ADON for a Healthcare client based in Galway.
This is a permanent position Full Time.
. Free parking
. Onsite training and development
. Flexible hours considered
. 10% discount for GP Consultations
. 24hr GP cover for the Nursing home
. Competitive Salary DOE
- Ensure that the provision of a high standard of care to the resident and families in The Nursing Home is consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of The Nursing Home.
- Encourage recognition of the resident as an individual, ensuring resident’s needs and comfort are given priority. Facilitate residents to provide feedback and information about care and services they receive.
- Oversee the delivery of resident care together with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate with relevant teams regarding on-going development of The Nursing Home operations.
- Communicates with residents, relatives and visitors on an on-going basis. Liaise with families regularly to ensure they are aware of mechanisms to communicate with The Nursing Home.
- Attend / chair meetings as required and keep staff briefed on developments in The Nursing Home.
- Liaise with HIQA and other external bodies as required.
- Provide leadership and guidance at all times, particularly at times of emergency.
- Create and promote open communications, healthy working relationships, and stimulate initiative among the team.
- Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality. To this end you will not discuss workings of The Nursing Home or its residents with people outside The Nursing Home.
- Organise and complete the Staff Roster.
- A registered General Nurse on the Register of Nurses held by An Board Altranais or be entitled to be so registered
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Management qualification (QQI level 6 or above).
- Post Graduate diploma in gerontology
- IT Skills
- Minimum three years post graduate experience in gerontology with a minimum of two years experience in Care of the Older Person at CNM level
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on 083 203 3637 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
For a full list of our current job vacancies please go to: https://www.peglobal.net/