Oil & Gas
Aftermarket Winch Technician (Oil & Energy)
PE Global are looking for an Aftermarket Winch Technician to join a reputable Oil & Energy company based in Kintore, Scotland. This is a contract position with high chance of Temp to Perm
As an Aftermarket Winch Technician, you will be responsible for the Service / Repair and testing ASEP K-Winch and Elmar products, consisting of truck mounted and offshore containerised winches, diesel driven power packs, telescopic and folding wireline masts.
You will support and improve assembly of ISE products through specific techniques as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving. You will support and assist your colleagues where required and report any health and safety improvements and infringements, stopping any operations you deem to be unsafe immediately reporting these to your line manager. You will follow all risk assessments and participate in all safety initiatives. It is essential that the quality of your work is to the highest standard, it is expected to be right first time on time.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Service and Repair of pneumatic / hydraulic systems as per designs/procedures, ensuring the cleanliness of hydraulic systems is always maintained.
- Monitor and control materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
- Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality.
- Maintain a safe, organised, clean and tidy work area following 5S and LEAN Principles.
- Support initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery.
- Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Attend daily team brief meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Cell Leader.
- Be prepared to work a reasonable amount of overtime, as required to suit the operational demands of the business.
- Ensure product quality meets the required standard whilst maintaining the required level of output.
- Report any issues using the engineering support system to make improvements to current designs.
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Work safely and report any safety concerns that are observed immediately to your Cell leader or Manager.
- Adheres to inspection/fat criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by your line Manager.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings, schematics and ETS as well as written instructions and procedures
- Ability to learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information required to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Quickly identify critical information and respond appropriately
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
- Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
- Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
- A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role to achieve career goals
- Consistently adhere to ethical principles
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***