API Support Engineer
- Dublin City Centre
PE Global is currently recruiting for an API Support Engineer for our global technology client in Dublin. This is an initial 11-month contract, remote role.
About the API Integrations Team
The API Integrations Team was set up in 2018 to service the global, ever-growing API Partner community. Our talented team is responsible for providing technical consultancy to over 350 software companies that integrate with our API. Our consultancy comes in many forms, such as support tickets, video calls, and self-serve documentation. The team’s expertise also bridges gaps within Airbnb’s technical and non-technical teams.
About the role
We are looking for an outcomes-driven, collaborative, and API-expert Support Engineer to join our global team of engineers. The API Support Engineer uses several external tools, such as Postman/PAW, Datadog, and Kibana, along with many internal tools to debug, triage, and resolve API-related issues. Support Engineers also understand how REST APIs work, comprehend JSON and XML data formats, can read and write complex SQL queries, and can communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical support to over 350 software companies that integrate with our API.
- Debug issues and offer creative solutions to build Partner trust.
- Triage and escalate issues to API Engineers. Identify non-API-related issues and escalate them to appropriate teams.
- Being comfortable hosting video calls with Partners for live troubleshooting and share outs, and educating them about our tools.
- Through complex analysis and data insights, identify potential integration problems and preemptively report them to Partners.
- Provide technical expertise to other teams, both technical and non-technical, such as the Key Accounts and Connectivity Teams.
Maintain the developer docs
- Write new guides, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to describe API functionality.
- Identify and update outdated information throughout the developer docs.
Onboard new Partners
- Own Partner onboarding from a technical perspective – guide partners from day 0 to go live.
- Define the integration scope with Partner Managers, depending on the integration.
- Help define timelines to complete the integration and ensure Partners comply.
- Define features mandatory vs. optional features depending on the Partner’s use case.
- Educate partners about APIs’ best practices and call out known limitations.
- Explain how our APIs interact with each other.
- Certify Partners to ensure their integration is of a high standard.
Test the API
- Thoroughly test features before launch.
- Create comprehensive reports to provide feedback to software engineers.
- Support feature launches – help coordinate Beta Partners, and provide technical support while Partners integrate features.
- Comfortable hosting technical webinars to present new and existing API features.
What you need to succeed
- Degree beneficial, but not mandatory.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experienced in technical support, troubleshooting, testing, triaging, and escalating issues.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Thorough understanding of XML markup language and JSON data format.
- Understanding and writing complex SQL queries.
- Have consumed or integrated REST APIs before.
- Experience with Postman or PAW to test APIs.
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira.
- Experience writing technical documentation for internal and external teams.
- Understanding concepts of service-oriented architecture.
- Ability to embrace the adventure, embracing change amidst shifting priorities.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***