- Full Time
Application Manager / Lead
PE Global are seeking to identify an Application Lead to join one of our key clients, global specialist manufacturing life science solutions provider with a major presence in Ireland and sites across EU, US and Asia. The role will see the newly appointed Lead become an active member of the global AIS management team to contribute to and support the overall AIS strategy and functional deliverables across the international locations.
The objective of the role:
- To assess business process requirements, analyses the structure and flow of the business’ work to identify possible application solutions.
- To Manage application software implementation and upgrades and lead a team of IT specialists responsible for implementing and upgrading system hardware and application software.
- Oversee Troubleshooting problems and provide technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems.
- Maintain responsibility to oversee the creation and development of protocols and procedures for application software systems and its usage.
- To manage and lead all IS Applications requirements across analytics, Lab and IT support teams, site operations
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement across all applications initiatives
- As part of a wider company initiative, play a central role in championing and facilitating the use of data & information to transform and guide a variety of business units and functions across multiple global sites
The role shall entail day to day:
- Lead and provide technical guidance to the IS Applications & Lab IT support teams
- Ensure the resources and skill sets are available and developed to meet business needs
- Develop IS strategies, plan and execute system roadmaps and support new technology deployment
- Increase and maintain site Historian data collection to support existing manufacturing areas and new projects.
- Deliver and present analytics / reports for key stakeholders across the site to drive decision making
- Champion the use of data and information to help evolve the company into a truly data-driven organization
- Determine the sites data related needs and developing proposed solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance, administration, compliance and availability of the application systems and Laboratory IT systems.
- Management of suppliers, contractors, systems integrators and similar 3rd parties
- Technical solution design and evaluation, delivery, commissioning and validation, schedule tracking, budget management for sustaining initiatives
- Ensuring alignment of solutions with industry standards and regulations as they pertain to systems and system architectures
- Perform all tasks with due care and attention and in accordance with GMP
- As an active member of the AIS management team, contributing to and supporting the overall AIS strategy and functional deliverables
The role requires some of the following Experience, Knowledge, Expertise:
- Strong knowledge of databases, reporting and analytic systems and Information Systems
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information.
- Strong level of demonstrated experience in operations/manufacturing environment leading teams
- Experience in the delivery and management of GMP IS Application systems
- Exposure to and experience with a some of the following; OSI Pi Historian, TrackWise, Maximo, Document Management Systems,
- Exposure to and experience with a some of the following GMP Laboratory IT Systems such as Empower CDS, LMES, Sample Manager LIMS, Laboratory Analytical Equipment and instruments will be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with a large portfolio of systems, projects and initiatives in the areas of Information Systems and Operations.
- Experience and ability to constructively challenge and present technical aspects of system design
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Biotech Engineering or related computer science engineering is ideal
Note: The role will allow for Remote working needs and/or facilitate relocation post travel restrictions if desired. Salary and package reflect the level of responsibility and PE Global will discuss confidentially and individually with each successful applicant.
Contact: Brian Crimmins, PE Global, +44 204 5126611 or email@example.com