Assembly Techs – Entry Level
- Full Time
Assembly Techs required to work in Little Island. Candidates must have previous experience of assembly and of use Power Tools & a strong electrical / mechanical aptitude is essential for our Little Island based client.
Candidates will receive on the job training, but it is an extremely fast paced environment and will need to learn on the job.
These roles will be day shift only, with an hourly rate of €13.50.
All candidates must have a good level of English.
Candidates will need to be able to multitask, work to a number of deadlines at once and excel at working as a part of a team. Candidates must be able to follow patterns, drawings and SOP’s.
Attention to detail is essential, as is previous experience in a target driven production role.A strong aptitude in mechanical, spatial or engineering a strong advantage as these roles are quite technical.
Exposure to the operation of the power tools and previous assembly work is key.
- Mechanically and electrically assemble analysers and their sub components in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Adhering to the defined work instructions and quality requirements.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
- Maintain equipment according to work instructions or preventive maintenance tasks.
- Accurately perform required computer data entry and work order transactions.
- Report complicated equipment malfunctions to production supervisor as per specified process.
- Gather materials as per picking list.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Perform cycle counting and other inventory tasks, including material handling.
- May be required to cross-train on other equipment or other areas as needed.
- Work with manager to suggest and initiate changes to process, machines, or procedures that improve safety, quality, delivery, or productivity
- Interface with other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties throughout the facility as assigned.
- Candidates most have good Manual Dexterity and good Coordination
- Proven mechanical ability or aptitude.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes helpful.
- Possess working knowledge of mechanic systems / troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Possess working knowledge of electrical systems and troubleshooting electrical problems.
- Soldering skills would be a strong advantage.
- Ability to read basic electrical drawings.
- Ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations.
- Some areas will require the ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes helpful.
Excellent progression path available for the right candidates.
Hourly €13.50 per hour, €526.50 per week, Annual Wage Circa €27,378