Quality , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Associate Scientist – Biochemistry
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Biochemistry – Associate Scientist on behalf of our client based in
2 cycle shift @ 20% : Week 1 (Mon Tues Fri Sat Sun) Week 2 (Wed Thurs) – 12 hour days (7am – 7pm)
12 month initial contract
The position is in the Biochemistry and Early Development Stability Sciences Team in the Analytical Development Department. The Separations Lab is responsible for CSDS Red and Non Red, HPLC, CIEF and UV analysis.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that EHS standards are met at all times on site, adhering to appropriate PPE and COVID-19 measures and guidance
- Maintain Lab cleanliness standards to ensure Lab is always audit ready in line with Lab 6S Program
- Ensure Training is completed in a timely fashion. In time, assist in the training/mentoring of new Analysts
- Perform analytical testing for the Separations Team in BTDS AD Cork in line with the above-mentioned techniques including all peripheral activities (i.e. solution prep
- Perform data review, interpretation, and trending or Separations data
- Contribute to proper use, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP’s and official documentation.
- Independently write/revise SOP’s or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Participate/Lead in Laboratory investigations as applicable
- Escalation of Laboratory issues to team lead in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as designated by Team Lead
- Take an active role in Continuous Improvement, identify and drive improvement initiatives in line with Laboratory CI Team
Education and Experience/Competencies
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related scientific field.
- Customer focus and result driven.
- Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- Efficient and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership as required.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Audrey on 0214297900 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***