Engineering & Electronics
Automation Team Lead Engineer
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Automation Team Lead Engineer for our medical device client in Limerick. This is an initial 12-month contract role.
The Automation Team Lead Engineers develop and execute Project Schedules, Installs and commissioning with the support of an Automation team. They manage the day-to-day activities and Work sequences. Work in a cross functional project team to develop execute and deliver strategies whilst adhering to the quality standards.
The Role and Primary Tasks:
- Manage a Team of Automation Engineers Deliver Capital projects.
- Develop & Manage the Automation delivery Schedule.
- Define tasks, timelines & sequencing to deliver projects as per business schedule.
- Manage interactions between Departments to ensure smooth execution of project deliverables.
- Support Validation of the project as per quality Procedures.
- Participate among multi-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Support the Automation team problem resolution.
- Support the Team in the Development, debug, and validation of Control System software programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and implement multiple tasks to tight schedules, to ensure work on time and within budget.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to detail own work clearly and accurately
- Strong communication skills and a good technical understanding.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Attention to detail
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, overall organizational goals, and individual user needs.
- Develop, Manage, and execute a project plan using a team of Automation Engineers.
- Looking ahead at next project to ensure Long Leadtime item are defined & ordered.
- Commission of new equipment as per Quality Standards.
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support, and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Adopt and promote a strong cultural Credo based code of conduct at Johnson & Johnson.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documentation and NC/CAPA actions
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Skills, Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Good experience working with automated control systems.
- 5 to 6 years in a technical PM Role.
- Good experience in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***