Engineering & Electronics
Battery Management Systems Verification Engineer
PE Global are looking for a Battery Management Systems Engineer to work for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a hands-on verification testing role, taking a proactive role in the development and execution of tests. A pragmatic approach to work, and a willingness to get hands-on with the product is therefore essential. There will be an opportunity for some degree of remote working but an ability and willingness to be on-site (in Peterborough) as much as necessary, will be essential.
- Work with other team members, the successful candidate will be developing verification test procedures and test cases for the functional testing Battery Management System functionality. These test procedures and cases will then be executed manually, by the candidate, to prove their capability and subsequently automated using a scripting engine to create regression tests. The team will use these to demonstrate the quality of our software products, targeting defect-free release and minimal battery system and machine downtime from software issues or defects.
- Support the execution of functional testing by both verification engineers and BMS controls and software developers.
- Assist, as necessary with the maintenance and development of the Opal-RT HiL bench system, working with the team lead to ensure that the system functionality needs or exceeds requirements and that any problems or development needs arising are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Strong technical background – ideally a good technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering – though consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
- Prior experience in vehicle control system testing or development, ideally battery management system, electric vehicle, inverter or battery.
- Experience of electronic system development tools such as CANape, CANalyser and a working knowledge of J1939 datalink standards
- A proven track record of conducting tests of electronic systems on the end product
- Detailed knowledge of control system architecture.
- Experience of using Hardware in the Loop systems and associated tools and programming languages (e.g. Matlab / Simulink, Vector CANape, C, Python)
- Good understanding of the software testing process
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***