Engineering & Electronics
Battery Validation Engineer
Experienced Performance and Validation Engineer required to join the newly formed Powertrain Development Team focussed on the delivery of Battery Pack and Power System performance and validation testing.
As a Performance/Validation engineer, you will report daily to the Senior Battery Validation Test Engineer. You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the Electrification programmes under the direct responsibility of the Europe Research and Development Centre. You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation. While the primary focus of this work is based in the United Kingdom you will be expected to integrate as part of a Global team.
- Conduct and/or direct Battery Pack performance and validation tests
- Work with program team and test facilities to develop test plans to meet Technical and Product Objectives
- Conduct and/or direct checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Data analysis across multiple Conformance, Performance and Validation test protocols
- Produce technical reports and present data to program team and wider NPI team
- To share and assist in developing deeper knowledge and understanding of battery development processes and
- Assist in team building to develop a technology Centre of Excellence within the business.
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years’ experience) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Established test/development experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (coaching, communication, teamwork)
- Excellent problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence and a ‘passion for the product’ are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high-pressure environment.
- Experience in power system level performance
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, and test data logging systems.
- Hands on Battery or engine testing, and problem-solving experience
- Electrification test/development experience
- Previous leadership experience (direct or in-direct)
- Project Management methods and processes
- Experience with Development through New Product Introduction (NPI) Process
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***