Business Development Executive
- Full Time
- County Tipperary, Thurles, Ireland
PE Global Recruitment are delighted to have partnered with a government funded organisation to recruit for a Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing this important new & growing area of business. The client works mainly with individual, private homeowners but are expanding their reach into multiple owned domestic properties such as Local Authorities, Approved Housing Bodies & Private Landlords where the aggregation of domestic energy retrofitting can be achieved.
- Develop a strategy for approaching this market consistent with the growth objectives of the company
- Identify, meet and develop business relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in the Target Market (LA’s, AHB’s & other aggregated domestic retrofitting opportunities ‘Multiples’) nationwide.
- Monitor the market & proactively identify and respond to Tenders, RFQs (e.g. eTenders, SupplyGov.ie, LAquotes.ie & via Obligated Parties etc.) and other suitable sales opportunities for aggregated domestic retrofitting.
- Negotiate terms of engagement for successful tenders and other sales opportunities
- Carry out preliminary assessments of new leads to assess viability of opportunities
- Organise, present at and attend targeted Events to assist in lead generation and relationship building
- Liaise between the Client and the Engineering team responsible for delivery of the services.
- Oversee the performance of these “multiples” contracts against targets and benchmarks
- Knowledge and experience working with Social Housing (Local Authorities and/or Approved Housing Bodies)
- 3+ years of experience in business development, sales, or account management, preferably in the capital projects or construction industry.
- Understanding of Public Procurement Tendering
- Familiarity with Domestic Energy Retrofitting
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events
- Knowledge of EEOS (Energy Efficiency Obligation Scheme – Energy Credits)
- Knowledge of DHLGH Energy Efficiency/Retrofitting Programme
- Previous experience with the SEAI One Stop Shop Grant Scheme