- Northern England
PE Global is currently recruiting a Category Buyer for an 8-month contract role with a leading multinational manufacturing client based in Peterlee.
- Responsible and accountable for the development, and/or communication and implementation of a regional and worldwide sourcing strategy.
- Responsible for the development, management and execution of the global category strategy managing policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special procurement programs;
- Accountable for the liaison with the corresponding source buyers.
- Provide leadership for strategic sourcing.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing.
- Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics.
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Functional leadership. Capable of leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form. Fluent in the English language and preferred other languages.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of purchasing knowledge and indirect purchasing experience.
- Hybrid role.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 203 966 9800 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***