Food , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Chemistry Lab Director
- Full Time
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Chemistry Director for a leading multi-national client based in Co Kildare.
This is a permanent position in Co Kildare.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the laboratory to ensure a smooth flow of samples and testing.
- Hires, coaches, reviews, manages and terminates assigned staff.
- Oversees the scheduling of laboratory staff to ensure testing schedules are met.
- Counsels laboratory staff with regard to problems encountered in daily operations.
- Oversees the checking and transfer of data as necessary and takes steps to correct possibly inaccurate data prior to continued testing or release.
- Oversees the orientation of new laboratory staff to their responsibilities and the function of the laboratory.
- Works with Quality Management to resolve client complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Identifies process improvements to better meet client expectations and company objectives.
- Recommends new equipment for the laboratory.
- Compiles statistics.
- Oversees the monitoring of inventory/ordering by establishing and maintaining par levels and re-stocking points for general laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Serves as a liaison for the laboratory to outside vendors.
- Assists in the development of a budget and monitors laboratory expenditures.
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Supports Merieux NutriSciense’s business philosophy, leadership values and ethics.
- Lead, schedule, and train employees.
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations.
- Ensure coverage and performance.
- Foster morale and teamwork.
- To act as an Authorised Signatory for Chemistry Test Certificates in accordance with the quality system and INAB requirements.
- To inform Technical / Operations Director if resources, be they staffing or equipment, are inadequate to meet customer demands.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a laboratory environment including management of audits.
- General knowledge of chemistry, food technology and/or other related science is necessary to supervise the activities of the teams and interpret results.
- The person must be experienced in the activities related to testing in microbiology or other relevant laboratory and have demonstrated experience creating and leading technical groups to a high level of performance.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum degree in food chemistry or a related area.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Niamh on +353 21 4520313 or alternatively send an up to date CV to “Niamh.email@example.com”
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***