Secretarial & Admin
- Southern England
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Clinical Team Administrator for a leading Healthcare client based in Norfolk or Suffolk.
This is a long term rolling contract.
The purpose of this role is to provide secretarial / administrative support to the team in order that they can provide an efficient service to all customers. Respond to the administrative needs of the service to ensure that the requirements of the organisation are met.
- Provide accurate, prompt and efficient secretarial/administrative support to the clinical multi-disciplinary team which may include spreadsheets and reports.
- Use electronic systems to input and access information as required by the clinical multi-disciplinary team.
- Deal with and process all types of patient referrals liaising directly with General Practitioners, clinical staff including medical staff from other areas.
- Liaise with clinical team members in relation to urgent referrals or other emergencies.
- Provide non-clinical information to patients and families, where necessary, including cancellation of appointments.
- Take and process minutes for teams (across the Locality).
- Contribute to effective communication by liaising with internal and external parties and agencies as required on behalf of the team.
- Deal with correspondence and communication liaising, prioritising and co-ordinating with the clinical team.
- Deal with telephone calls and general enquiries and maintain an efficient message system coordinating with team members.
- Liaise in a professional manner with each member of the team, providing relevant information.
- Maintain a clear code of conduct and high standards of customer service in terms of dignity, respect and excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Participate in ongoing audits and service development as directed by Line Manager.
- Assist the Business Support Manager in relation to developing policies and procedures.
- Provide training to administration staff as identified by line manager.
- Maintain own professional development portfolio and participate in appropriate training programmes and ensuring annual attendance for mandatory training.
- Responsibilities Supervise lower banded staff.
- Provide induction, support and advice to new / temporary staff as identified by the line manager.
- Participate in supervision and KSF appraisal in line with Trust policies.
- General Diary management as required for team members to include appointments / meetings, regular commitments to assist in organising the workload.
- Ensure confidential information is retained and stored in line with Trust policy in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use set procedures to undertake administrative and secretarial functions around legislative procedures i.e. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act.
- Attend and contribute to internal/external meetings relevant to the post as delegated by the line manager.
- Provide cover for other administrative staff during holidays and sickness, across the Locality.
- Liaise with maintenance departments as delegated by line manager regarding buildings and general maintenance.
- Liaise with IT departments as delegated by line manager regarding problems / faults with electronic equipment etc.
- Be responsive, adaptable and flexible to working across the locality bases.
- Undertake other appropriate duties as directed, being adaptable and flexible to service needs and changes across the locality.
- The post holder has responsibility for timely and accurate record keeping where appropriate and in line with professional guidelines. The post holder has responsibility for the creation, maintenance and storage of records in accordance with Trust policy, including email documents and with regard to the Data Protection Act, The Freedom of Information Act and other relevant statutory requirements. Training will be provided in appropriate information management for the post.
- Pitman/RSA III Typing / Word Processing or equivalent secretarial experience at intermediate level.
- NVQ 3 Business Administration or equivalent or working towards or NVQ 2 Customer Services or working towards.
- Understanding and experience in a full range of secretarial procedures and systems gained through practice at intermediate level.
- Working under pressure
- Working on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with senior members of staff across a large organisation.
- Supervision of junior staff
- Excellent articulate communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Interpersonal skills including taking a proactive diplomatic approach and ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Time management.
- Ability to co-ordinate and prioritise management diaries.
- ICT skills including Microsoft (especially spreadsheets and presentations, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) or equivalent.
- Audio typing
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Able to work flexibly across a range of different sites/offices
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up to date CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***