Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Clinical Imaging Scientist
- Southern England
This is an initial 12 month contract with strong possibility of extension for the right candidate. This position requires 50% travel within Europe and the candidate will have a drivers licence. The remaining 50% will be divided between working from home and attending the office in Bracknell.
My client, is a molecular imaging company developing diagnostics and biomarkers that improve global health by accelerating the development of new medicines and enabling a tailored approach to healthcare.
Clinical Imaging Scientists (CIS) are field-based medical employees who provide technical support for FDA approved Lilly PET imaging products, such as AMYVID” and TAUVID’”. This technical support includes, but is not limited to, guidance on patient preparation, dose preparation and administration, patient positioning, PET scanner-specific acquisition and reconstruction protocols, image quality control, artifact recognition, interpreter support, and reader training support.
A CIS provides technical support and training on the approved use of PET products, facilitates technical collaborations (internally and externally), engages in technical training activities for colleagues, and shares insights based on their interactions with imaging centres and departments. A CIS will share their knowledge of the nuclear medicine environment to better inform the client’s strategic direction for research and commercialization. This position improves patient experience ensuring optimal use of the client’s PET imaging products, leading to artifact-free, interpretable patient scans and support for interpreters on recognition and mitigation of technical barriers to accurate interpretation.
- Support medical/scientific information needs of Imaging Health Care Professionals within their defined geography by responding to requests for medical information and/or technical support
- Provide ongoing technical support and problem solving related to the company’s product workflow, patient preparation and positioning, acquisition, and related technical issues
- Train PET technologists and interpreters as applicable to prepare and acquire optimal images of a product based on current and evolving workflow methodologies
- Comply with company rules involving interactions with health care professionals, and documentation of interactions.
- Participate in technical education seminars as an invited speaker, making presentations at relevant imaging community meetings within the assig ned territory and where needed, nationally, related to a the compan’s product
- Facilitate research initiatives by managing the interaction between the company’s medical personnel and external investigators
- Manage, within company guidelines, the imaging Key Opinion Leader relationships in their local communities
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of different medical environments, including protocols and local guidelines
- Provide scientific/technical training for internal personnel
- Maintain high level of knowledge regarding disease states, marketed imaging products (including competitor products), the company’s investigational imaging products, and applicable imaging modalities
- Certified nuclear medicine technologist (CNMT or RT(N))
- Minimum five years of experience as a PET technologist or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency in business skills, including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Teamwork and collaboration skills, in balance with the ability to work and drive projects independently
- Excellent communication, listening, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Familiarity with radiopharmaceutical industry including distribution channels and nuclear medicine imaging
- Able to manage multiple and competing priorities through effective organizational and time
- management skills
- Able to communicate confidently at all levels within an imaging department, with Technologists, Administrators and PET Physicians
- Qualified candidates should live in a city within the geography with accessibility to a major hub airport 40 miles or less away
- Overnight travel and attendance at occasional evening/weekend prog rams will be required and is estimated at 50%
- Acceptable driving record will be required, including valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up to date CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***