Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
CNM Elderly Care – Meath
- Full Time
PE Global are hiring a Clinical Nurse Manager in Elderly Care for our client located in Meath.
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident by:
- Ensuring that the home policies and best clinical standards are practiced at all times.
- Working with different staff members in all areas to ensure that standards are maintained. Identify areas that may be of concern and follow up with the Director of Nursing to put action plans put in place.
- Reviewing residents with pressure sores /sustained falls / clinically unwell, through clinical practices and documentation to ensure appropriate management plan is in place.
- Supervise medication administration and compliance by nursing staff.
- Order monthly stock and compile monthly stock inventory.
Review medication audits with Director of Nursing and improve standards.
Staff Supervision & Training:
- Work alongside and be a visible presence with the Staff Nurses and Care Assistants.
- Routinely monitor care practices.
- Participate in Training & Development/Performance Appraisal for Staff Nurses and Care Assistants in conjunction with the Director of Nursing.
- Review recent admissions ensuring appropriate assessments, planning implementation and evaluation of care is documented.
- In addition to observing practice, the CNM also monitors standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and fosters an effective working relationship and good communication between Staff Nurses, Care Assistants and housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for ensuring environmental and hand hygiene audits are carried out regularly and thoroughly and that action plans are implemented and sustained.
Residents/Relatives – Person Centred:
- Interact and support residents and families on a daily basis. The CNM is a key point of contact for all relatives and visitors and an ambassador for the home.
- Ensure that complaints are swiftly deal with at the point of contact. Do random spot checks on resident’s clothes and laundry.
- Assist and liaise with the multidisciplinary team, relatives and families as required.
- Ability to assist with all the Director of Nursing responsibilities in order to effectively take on the role when covering for annual leave.
- Check staff rosters and get cover for sick leave as required.
- Attend handovers and review progress of residents.
- Support and develop clinical practice through a hands-on approach with Staff Nurses and Care Assistants in the delivery of care.
- Minumum of 3 years experience as a Nurse
- Previous managerial training / experience, would be an advantage.
- Registered on the NMBI live register.
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills.
- Sound decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
Further information on this role, including benefits of working for our client, can be found by contacting Muireann by sending in your CV be email Muireann.email@example.com , applying to this advert, or calling 086 8389487.
To view all PE Global Healthcare roles, visit https://www.peglobal.net/healthcare
Register today to keep your finger on the Job Opportunity Pulse