Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
CNM2 Clinical Nurse Manager 2 Endoscopy Kilkenny
- Full Time
- County Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
PE Global are recruiting for one of our leading clients in Kilkenny for a Clinical Nurse Manager II for Day Surgery and Endoscopy on a full time permanent basis.
Overview of Role
The post of CNM 2 (Day Surgery Unit & Endoscopy) has a pivotal role in service planning, co-ordinating, and managing activity and resources within the clinical area. The CNM 2 will co-ordinate and lead in the implementation and provision of quality care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, delivery and review of service user care by all staff in designated area.
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to service users within the guidelines laid out by NMBI. (Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland).
- Participate in teams / meetings / committees as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
- Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams.
- Collaborate with service users, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care by personal involvement and supervising the activities of other qualified nurses.
- Ensure that the care delivered by team is based on standards, which have been formulated on evidence based practice, and agreed, through hospital policy.
- Regularly evaluate and monitor patient care by using the hospitals quality systems to ensure that care is delivered.
- Develop and promote good relationships with patients, families and carers and make the ward environmentally welcoming and homely.
- Work as an effective member of the multidisciplinary team promoting good teamwork and excellent patient care.
- Evaluate and further develop the philosophy, objectives and goals of the department.
- To ensure that all staff are familiar with the use and care of all equipment, and that such equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information regarding patients/residents is adhered to.
- Provide the necessary supervision, co-ordination and deployment of nursing and support staff to ensure the optimum delivery of care in the designated area through allocating work fairly and competently.
- Manage communication at ward and departmental level and facilitate team building.
- Provide staff leadership and motivation which is conducive to good working relations and work performance.
- Manage all resources efficiently and effectively.
- Lead on practice development within the clinical area.
- Lead and implement change.
- Promote, facilitate and participate in the development of nursing policies and procedures. Monitor as appropriate and lead on proactive improvement.
- Contribute to the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures at area and hospital level.
- Actively participate in the Nursing Management structure by supporting the Assisatnt Director of Clinical Services Theatres and deputising in his / her absence when required to do so.
- Maintain all necessary clinical and administrative records and reporting arrangements.
- The post holder will be expected to take part in the on call manager’s rota.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be registered, or eligible for registration in the General Division of the live Register of Nurses kept by NMBI.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience within a management position, and ideally have two years’ experience working within a Day Surgical Unit.
- Have completed a management course or commit to undertake same.
- Display evidence of continuing professional development.
- Demonstrate an awareness of HR policies and procedures
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft packages is essential.
- Have experience in change management.
- Play an active role in the continuous improvement programme in the hospital using lean tools and methodology.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
Please call Jamie PE Global Healthcare 0818 222 018 / 083 8735934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
PE Global Healthcare specialises in providing contract and permanent Healthcare professionals to the private and public sector. PE Global Healthcare finds jobs for Healthcare Staff in all specialties in Ireland.