- Greater London
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Communications Manager role for a leading multi-national client based in London for an initial 6 month contract. Hybrid model.
This role is a key member of the multi-skilled communications team, helping to coordinate a busy press office and support our goals through media relations and will report to the Communications Lead for Northern Europe. The role will help to drive consumer and corporate public relations activities in Nordics, Netherlands and South Africa, supporting on campaign development, drafting press materials, liaising with agency partners, handling media inquiries and gathering stories from within our host community and from our platform to generate pitch ideas.
- Understanding local business or policy needs as well as global communications priorities and own a proactive communications plan and strategy for all relevant markets.
- Handling proactive and reactive policy communications in region, liaising with key policy campaign and business stakeholders.
- Draft written materials – story pitches, press releases, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, speeches etc.
- Prepare briefings for media interviews and public speaking engagements.
- Understand the media market and develop relationships with key reporters.
- Work closely and seamlessly with the European policy and communications teams.
- Manage agencies effectively to deliver outstanding results on behalf of the business.
- Work with and influence teams cross functionally, integrating comms plans seamlessly with other departments and functions, such as marketing, policy etc and maintaining a diplomatic and considered approach to the wider business objectives.
- Provide trusted comms counsel to in market stakeholders, i.e. Country Manager, Policy Campaign Manager etc.
- Act as a key contributor to the success of the Communications team in UKI & Northern Europe.
- University educated + 8 or more years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Excellent writing and strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organization.
- Fluent English, spoken and written.
- Proficiency in Dutch is positive but not required.
- Experience in media relations with an established media network.
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for simplicity and getting things done.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and interest in consumer issues.
- Maintaining enthusiasm and a calm demeanor in stressful situations.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Veronica on +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***