Engineering & Electronics
Controls and Instrumentation Technician
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Engineering Maintenance Technician for an initial 12 month contract role with a leading multinational Pharma client based in Runcorn.
Purpose of Role
To provide hands on support to the operations teams and Lead C&I Engineer to maximise efficiency and availability of plant. Provide support to ensure all Calibration and Maintenance activities are completed. Provide technical expertise and problem-solving support on shift.
- To ensure that planned maintenance activities are completed on time in accordance with maintenance plan.
- To implement continuous improvement plans to improve performance of manufacturing equipment.
- To ensure that work standards within the Control and Instrumentation area are implemented to provide compliance with internal & external audit acceptance criteria
- To implement (either through self or competent others) calibration work required to meet the calibration schedule to current company procedures.
- To implement (either through self or competent others) C&I maintenance work required to meet the maintenance schedule to current company procedures
- To maintain all calibration / maintenance documentation and supporting systems to ensure complete calibration / maintenance records are available for all instruments used within manufacturing.
- To maintain the calibration / maintenance area and associated equipment to ensure readiness for audit at all times.
- To inspect and test the operation of electrical / control equipment and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments to ensure downtime is minimal.
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts.
- Install electrical, control and measurement equipment on existing and new plant equipment and processes.
- Good knowledge of PLC systems (preferably Siemens S7, TIA Portal & Rockwell 5000 Logix), able to use software to aid with fault finding.
- Good knowledge of electrical components (motor control, SSR’s & safety systems).
- Good knowledge of electrical wiring diagrams.
- Good understanding of electronics, fault finding techniques and system interrogation.
- Be able to read and understanding electrical schematics, to aid with fault finding and testing to determine and rectify problems / faults on electrical systems, including 24vdc, 240vac and 415vac circuits.
- Have experience of working with proximity sensors, stepper motors, inverters and other forms of motor control (Star / Delta, DOL).
- Some experience of 4-20mA Loop control and calibration would be beneficial.
- Qualification to HNC/HND level in relevant Electrical/control engineering based discipline.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Veronica on +44 203 868 9000 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***