Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Carlow, County Carlow, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for a C&Q Engineer for a leading multi-national Pharma client based in Carlow.
This is an initial 11 month contract position.
The successful candidate will need to have demonstrated in-depth experience in 3 or more of the following areas:
- Sterilisation & Temperature Mapping – Autoclaves & CTUs
- Cleaning – Parts Washer
- Vial and Syringe (and cartridge) filling operations – Glass handling, Tray & Tub handling, Drug Product Filling and Parenteral Product Visual Inspection.
- Vial and Syringe Sterility operations – Isolators, VHP
- Fill Finish ancillary equipment – FIT, GIT, Tube Welders/ Sealers
Duties of the role/Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be involved in the project from Detailed Design, Construction, Site Acceptance Test (SAT) at the earliest, responsible for C&Q deliverables and follow assigned systems through to through to the Equipment Performance Qualification, Validation and Product PQ – including filing with regulatory bodies.
Each role will be involved in the project from the vendor Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), at the earliest, through to the Performance Qualification.
Levels of responsibility will vary during this timeframe as outlined below –
- Factory Acceptance Test – Attendance, hands-on support and C&Q Oversight
- Installation to Mechanically Complete – C&Q Oversight
- Commissioning & Qualification – Hands-on support & Oversight throughout project lifecycle
- Cycle Development – Execution of Cycle Development pre and post OQ phases
- Performance Qualification – Responsibility for / Execution of all Performance Qualification testing.
- Within your chosen role you will be acting as an intermediate engineer reporting within the GSEC model to Technical Engineering department, the role will include –
- Engage in the early stages of the project, giving input into design by working with equipment vendors and global engineering teams, attending FAT and design reviews to represent client validation interests. Oversee equipment C&Q within the assigned area with a view to ensuring right first-time C&Q and Validation effort.
- Act as C&Q SME on the equipment within the area assigned.
- As such you will be executing with a view to leveraging testing from Commissioning and Qualification to PQ where possible.
- Providing technical and validation oversight to process, design and project delivery teams and coaching to associate staff within the assigned suite.
- Implementing the requirements as outlined in the site / C&Q and project Validation Master Plan.
- Coordination of engineering sub-teams in the assigned suite during execution of IQ/OQ / Cycle Development & Validation activities.
- Authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures and technical reports including IOC/ IOQ & PQ protocols.
- Technical owner of Commissioning protocols, Qualification protocols and input to Validation protocols executed by vendors, cross functional groups and/ or validation counterparts.
- Supporting regulatory submissions as required.
- Input to Change Management process for Equipment introduction within the assigned suite for qualification / validation up to PQ stage.
- Effective application of LeanSixSigma and Change Management tools in the Validation group by:
- Leading by example in achieving results by using industry standard tools and processes
- Facilitate problem solving & risk assessment (FMEA) projects/meeting.
- Make problems visible and strive for continuous improvement.
- Serving as a key member during internal audits and external inspections/audits.
- Support various organizational initiatives as needed (examples include EHS, workload forecasting, work standardization, etc).
- Keep up to date with scientific and technical developments, best practices and attend seminars as required.
- Maintain continuous focus on quality and safety compliance and unflinching focus on the customer.
- Minimum 3 years process equipment C&Q/ Validation experience on Large Scale Projects
- SME on Equipment Validation on any of; Parts Washer / Autoclaves / Vaporised Hydrogen Peroxide Sterilising Isolators / Clean Utilities – Transfer Panels & Formulation / Visual Inspection/ Single Use Technologies
- Working knowledge of ASTM E2500 / Eudralex / FDA / ISPE guidelines / Revised Annex 1
- Experience with liaising with other departments – engineering, technical, operations and QA
- Experience with sterile processing and sterilisation technologies
- Experience with cleaning and process validation, technology transfer, regulatory filing, and commercial drug product manufacturing of biologics is a plus.
- Prior experience in drug product processing equipment, PQ, Process Performance Qualification and Validation, site readiness, batch record reviews, authoring documents subject to regulatory inspection.
- Autoclave Qualification and Sterilisation Loads Cycle Development experience
- Use of temperature mapping equipment such as Lives/ Kaye etc. and trending, analysing and interpreting complex data
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Chloe on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***