Credit & Collections Specialist
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
We are an American biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Foster City, California, that focuses on researching and developing antiviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and influenza, including Harvoni and Sovaldi.
Global Financial Solutions:
The Strategic Objective of Global Financial Solutions (GFS) is to provide value adding financial services in an efficient and effective model that supports the company’s growth and enables our business partners to deliver their strategic imperatives.
The GFS in Cork, located in Little Island, was established in 2009 and has evolved from a transactional based model to a Value add with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
General Job Requirements:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Credit & Collections Specialist with a Credit Management background to join the Order-To-Cash team based at the GFS, Cork location. The successful person will have a passion for credit control and delivering exceptional customer services. We’re looking for someone with experience having worked in a multi-national corporation, as well as having a knowledge of the order to cash function.
This role will report to the OTC Manager, Global Financial Solutions (GFS),
Specific Job Requirements:
- Responsible for a large and growing debtors listing, looking to minimize debt & overall DSO.
- Ensure timely and efficient follow up on due & overdue accounts and payments.
- Issue written correspondence to customers in a timely and efficient manner including reminder letters, monthly statements etc.
- Credit hold releases within agreed SLA’s.
- Responsible for determining how much credit to extend to a customer based on credit policy, credit ratings, financials and payment history, while also providing a key point of interaction with Commercial and Finance team.
- As the Credit & Collections specialist, you will assess the credit risk of a specific company including interpretation of financials and make recommendations backed up with solid judgement and reasoning.
- Will liaise with our internal finance/commercial colleagues and any other personnel as appropriate to confirm details regarding customers and overdue payments
- Point of contact for internal and external queries as they arise and to support the resolution of any billing queries relating to outstanding invoices and escalate accordingly.
- Prepare monthly management reports related to DSO, flux and Aging analysis
- To deliver excellent standard of customer service in all respects of the role.
- Participation in SAP implementation project as required as well as Continuous Improvement initiatives as directed by management.
Knowledge, experience, competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at ease speaking to all levels of the organization regarding sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-starter and able to act on own initiative, with high levels of integrity, excellence and teamwork
- A fast thinker; someone that can translate business needs into pragmatic implementable solutions.
- A positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude and flexible approach to work
- Ability to work in a global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal & external business partners of all levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word) required.
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Self-directed problem solver and ability to suggest solutions.
- ERP experience an advantage (Oracle/SAP)
- Experience in working in the biotech, pharmaceuticals industry and in a multi-national organization is desirable
- Language: The person we seek will be able to communicate effectively in English. An additional European language would be beneficial – French, Portuguese or Italian
Specific Education Experience Requirements:
- 3rd level Finance / Business degree
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to Howie at email@example.com