Customer Solutions Engineer
- Greater London
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Customer Solutions Engineer for an initial 12-month contract role with a leading multinational medical devices client. Remote within the UK.
The Digital Solutions organization is focused on developing and commercializing software-based products for hospitals and clinicians. These products will be integrated into a holistic platform experience for the customers and are aimed at solving some of the most significant economic and clinical unmet needs in surgery globally.
- Drive technical implementation and installation of hardware and software with corporate and hospital stakeholders, incl. IT, security, networking and other functions.
- Build and maintain strong technical relationships with hospital staff (Operating Room, IT, surgeon champions, project managers, etc.) through the installation and ongoing maintenance of hardware and software.
- Serve as technical SME with internal stakeholders.
- Provide customer support (including hardware tickets) and identifying root cause of issues and rectifying – with the ultimate aim of self-service support.
- Provide support and work with engineering team to troubleshoot technical issues during and post implementation.
- Innovate and drive process and technical improvements to streamline, scale operations, and improve end-to-end experience.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer during all engagements to ensure a consistent high-bar on excellence and project delivery.
- Create and inspire a work environment of trust, collaboration, commitment and ethical behavior across a vast, diverse internal and external matrix network of stakeholders.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience and a track record in engineering, IT, and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and maintain customer relationships (IT, security, surgeon champion, etc).
- Ability to navigate a complex implementation process, often with multiple stakolder groups and various approval processes, incl. international launches.
- Knowledge and/or experience debugging layer 1 through 7 networking with tools like Nmap, ping, ss, netstat, wireshark, ip, tcpdump.
- Familiarity with RADIUS, 802.1x and other auth methods commonly used in Windows/CISCO networks.
- Experience testing and scripting with Python, SSH, rsync, and other command-line tools.
- MS Azure, AWS & GCP and a general understanding of their use in the healthcare industry
- Healthcare IT experience – general knowledge advantageous
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Veronica on +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***