General Management / Executive
- Full Time
- Wexford, County Wexford, Ireland
PE Global Recruitment are delighted to have partnered with a well-known semi-state enterprise. This is a permanent role, paying a competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the client’s Recycling Rosslare and Inch depot, including waste collection activities, waste transfer and processing activities either at or serviced from your depot. Working with the wider operations team and support functions within the client’s business unit, this role will ensure that financial, operational efficiency and productivity, fleet, cost control, safety, and environmental compliance targets are achieved for both depots.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Responsible for delivering required operating financials for the waste collection area serviced, including the management of all costs in line with budget and the client’s Recycling procedures. Ensure all cost and overhead lines in your depot P&L are managed in line with budgeted expectations and liaise with the Recycling sales and commercial team issues regarding potential service issues and/or volume shortfalls for the depot.
- Ensuring best in class daily service delivery to customers, domestic and commercial that meet the minimum KPI standards as set out and agreed with the Regional Ops Manager.
- Communicate effectively with your team and with other stakeholders such as the customer service dept, sales team, senior management, customers and suppliers. Develop a ‘can do’, first time fix, problem solving culture, resolving operational issues as they arise quickly and efficiently.
- In conjunction with the HR team, you will establish a team at your depot that are fully trained and motivated in their roles, are effectively performance managed and are allowed the support to develop in their respective roles within company. Forecasting future requirements in the depot as well as working quickly and efficiently to recruit and fill any vacancies as they arise.
- Ownership of key controls at the depot. Including cost controls, operational H&S controls, revenue protection, compliance, payroll, overtime and working time directive. Completion of weekly and monthly critical operational control checklists.
- Working with the Environmental Compliance and H&S functions; ensure the depot operates within the terms of its licence or permit. You will facilitate audits from external regulators such as the EPA, local authorities, HSA, NSAI etc and ensure that all actions arising are closed out in a timely manner. Working with the relevant support functions across the business, ensure that employees working across the depot are fully trained for their roles.
- Working closely with the H&S team; create and embed a safe working environment at the depot. Ensuring all staff and contractors have the appropriate level of training and equipment to carry out their roles in a safe manner. Ensure the waste collection fleet within your depot is adequately maintained and serviced. You will lead by example and set the standard for safety at your depot.
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in running a similar scale depot / operations function.
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry preferred
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan effectively and contribute to strategy development.
- Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Manual Handling training desirable
- Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
- High proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.