Engineering & Electronics
Design Engineer (Electrical)
PE Global are looking for a Design Engineer to support ongoing projects with A leading multinational Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 12 month+ contract role with potential for extension
The successful applicant for this position will be join the Compact Engine Systems team and will take responsibility for design activities on electrical harnesses and packaging of electrical components f
- Design of harnesses and packaging of electrical components (sensors, ECM’s, actuators etc.)
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims
- Working with suppliers to develop harnesses & associated brackets
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
· Proficient use of Creo (Parametric Cabling and Creo 4 preferred) and Teamcenter
· Strong technical background – either a technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering – or equivalent relevant experience.
· Prior experience in harness design, schematic creation and harness bracket design
· Good understanding of component design and validation
· Strong team player
· Excellent communications skills
· Experience of running and participating in FMEA
· Experience of writing technical document / requirements / test plans Knowledge of project planning activities
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***