Engineering & Electronics
Senior Development Engineer
PE Global are looking for a Senior Development Engineer to join a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Shrewsbury, UK.
This is a 12 month + contract position that is very likely to be extended and there is a chance of conversion to permanent staff.
This is a hybrid working model of 3 days Onsite and 2 days at home
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Product Engineering Team of engine manaufacuturer Defence based at Shrewsbury (UK). The task is to deliver immediate commitments and incremental funded work in the Defence Sector. This is an excellent opportunity to join a technically motivated enthusiastic team working at the frontiers of engine and power solution technology.
- Planning, resource profiling and costing verification and validation elements of Engineering Programmes.
- Creating test evaluation programmes and producing detailed reports, including all relevant calculations and analysis and/or presentations as required by the customer.
- Providing guidance and direction on the project/product to less experienced engineers.
- Identifying critical characteristics, conducting system FMEA’s, attending design reviews and project reviews as required.
- Liaising closely with suppliers and customers to achieve high quality, cost effective product.
- Initiating ideas and performing needs analysis.
- Communicating technical information to customers, team members, suppliers and other business units.
- Sound knowledge of diesel engine and transmission operation and performance.
- Senior level Mechanical Engineering experience
- Sound Knowledge of AutoCad Creo, Modelling, Drawings, Hydraulics and Power Systems
- Engineering degree OR HND with experience and excellent analytical skills.
- Ideally a background In Engines/Machinery, Automotive or Aerospace
- Good team working skills with leadership potential.
- Self-motivated and energetic with good communication skills and to be prepared to present to and have discussions with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to deliver work to clearly defined plans within tight timescales.
- Be prepared for travel Globally working on military projects.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities and prepared to accept responsibility for area of experience and expertise.
- Sound understanding of integrated electronics and control systems (desirable)
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***