Engineering & Electronics
Development Engineer (Aftertreatment)
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global are looking for a Development Engineer to work on contract for a reputable Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 12 month+ contract with decent rates and room for progression.
Development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Data extraction/analysis, failure analysis and problem solving, application of simulation tools and methods, and practical application of theory and concepts.
Candidates should be experienced in performing at least several of the below:
- Execution of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) System validation activities.
- New product development technical issue resolution.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Support of test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholders informed of progress and decisions.
- Knowledge of engine systems
- BSc in Engineering or Computer Science with 3-5 years’ experience
- Prior Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System development and validation experience
- Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System componentry and potential failure modes
- Exhaust Aftertreatment system function & Exhaust Gas conversion fundamentals
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVPs and FMEAs
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- New design development following the APQP methodology
- Familiarity with Microsoft O365 applications, including Teams
- Familiarity with Teamcenter data management software
- Strong applied technical background mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing.
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Excellent communications skills & Teamwork
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***