Engineering & Electronics
Development Engineer – Air & Fuel Systems
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global are looking for a Development Engineer (Air & Fuel Systems) for a Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough.
- Plan and deliver air/fuel system/component development projects to time, cost and quality goals.
- Communicate project status and key issues to peers, stakeholders and management.
- Lead design reviews to gain cross-functional business support for new designs, supplier nomination and capital investment.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop specifications and deliver quality solutions through APQP.
- Assess technical risk through FMEA; define and coordinate simulation and validation activities (DVP&R).
- Investigate and resolve technical issues using 8D methodology.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand customer needs and design requirements.
- Write and review technical information and technical reports to support production design release.
- Collaborate with global teams to implement engineering solutions at worldwide facilities.
Reflect on lessons learnt, using Lean methodology to identify improvement opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent knowledge/experience).
- 6-8 years of engineering or relevant experience.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, engine systems and component development.
- Good understanding of manufacturing principles and processes.
- Self-motivated and able to manage and deliver complex projects to meet commitments.
- Effective communication skills and teamwork.
- Expertise in fuel system, air system, EGR system, turbochargers, performance, data analysis.
- Experience of leading and participating in APQP, FMEA and DVP&R.
- Engineering experience gained in the off-highway diesel engine sector.
- Experience of designing components and systems in 3D CAD (PTC Creo), and Siemens TeamCenter PLM software.
- Strong analytical skills, and experience of developing components and systems through simulation, rig testing and complete system testing.
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***