Engineering & Electronics
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Development Engineer for well known engineering equipment manufacturer. Location for this role is in Peterborough.
This is an initial 12-month contract position.
- Plan and deliver air/fuel system/component development projects to time, cost and quality goals.
- Communicate project status and key issues to peers, stakeholders and management.
- Lead design reviews to gain cross-functional business support for new designs, supplier nomination and capital investment.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop specifications and deliver quality solutions through APQP.
- Assess technical risk through FMEA; define and coordinate simulation and validation activities (DVP&R).
- Investigate and resolve technical issues using 8D methodology.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand customer needs and design requirements.
- Write and review technical information and technical reports to support production design release.
- Collaborate with global teams to implement engineering solutions at worldwide facilities.
- Reflect on lessons learnt, using Lean methodology to identify improvement opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent knowledge/experience).
- 5+ years of engineering or relevant experience.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, engine systems and component development.
- Good understanding of manufacturing principles and processes.
- Self-motivated and able to manage and deliver complex projects to meet commitments.
- Effective communication skills and teamwork.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in the UK***