Engineering & Electronics
Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer for well known engineering equipment manufacturer. Location for this role is in Peterborough.
This is an initial 12-month contract position.
This role will be responsible for supporting Retail & Rental product development teams in Northern Ireland, USA and India who manufacture generator sets under our clients well-known brands. The role acts as a single point of contact for all technical aspects regarding new and current power solution product introduction.
Within this role you will work closely with the product / engineering teams to manage & deliver internal combustion engine power system integration projects on time through the execution of the Application & Installation process.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for power system selection and completion of projects on time and on cost through close collaboration with technical lead engineers
- Development of effective relationships both internally within the Industrial Power Systems Division and customer teams to ensure an effective partnership is maintained and enhanced.
- Be a point of contact for all customer technical queries through all stages of NPI.
- Initial escalation point for customer critical issues, ensuring clear communications are made regarding support needs.
- Support the technical requirements gathering to help develop new power system products and drive customer focused product design & development.
- Support customer collaboration events such as product development workshops
- Support power system selection and delivery of projects on time & to cost targets.
- Management of Application & Installation (A&I) requirements with the customer, leading to A&I sign off ahead of machine production start.
- Power system specification support through product life cycle, managing changes through new engine configuration option requests.
- Mediate between our clients Industrial Power Systems Division and customers to maximise enterprise value and ensure successful resolution of technical integration issues.
- Support Continuous Product Improvements adding knowledge on machine installations.
- Stay informed of New Product Development issues and ensure that the impact to customers is understood and communicated.
- Support knowledge share across the wider EPS team
Required skill and attributes for this role include:
- Degree Qualified or equivalent practical experience within an engineering discipline.
- Understanding of engine performance, design, field testing and/or manufacturing.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in the UK***