Engineering & Electronics
Diesel Validation Engineer
- UK, Staffordshire, Stafford
PE Global are looking for a Diesel Engine Validation Engineer to join a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Stafford. This is a 12 month extendable contract with Hybrid and flexible working schedule.
Based within the Product Engineering Development department at the Stafford facility, this vacancy is initially a 12-month contract. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 5000 Series diesel product development activity. This role involves validation of new diesel engine technology and systems, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
- Mechanical verification and validation of diesel engine components and systems.
- Defining and managing component validation plans.
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity.
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods.
- Technical reporting.
- Conducting all work to Perkins operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance.
- The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at Stafford & Aurangabad facilities.
- Working closely with global Caterpillar facilities.
- Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs.
- Engineering degree or other equivalent qualification/experience.
- 3 years’ minimum experience with Engine Manufacturing
- Experience in route cause analysis
- Experienced diesel engine validation engineer.
- Experience in writing validation plans and work/test instructions.
- Familiar with the 8D method and root cause analysis tools (e.g. 5-whys, fishbone, FMEA, etc.).
- Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, turbocharging, lubrication, air etc…
- Experienced in communication and technical report writing
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. CANape, CANcase, etc.).
- Excellent organisation, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components.
- High standard of written technical reporting.
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***