AHPs , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Dietitian – Senior
- County Waterford, Tramore, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Senior Dietitian for Primary Care Centre working between Tramore/Dungarvan.
These positions are an initial 12 month contract with strong potential to be made permanent. These positions offer the HSE Benefits and go by the HSE pay scale
Positions are both Part Time office hours – Monday to Friday.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Dietitian Staff Grade will:
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained in accordance with the requirements as set out by CORU https://coru.ie/files-recognition/standards-of-proficiency-for-dietitians.pdf
- Assist in the ongoing functioning and organisation of the service within scope of role and practice.
- Prioritise and manage a patient caseload according to the needs of the service.
- Deliver on an effective self-managed workload, maximising the use of time and resources.
- Identify nutritional problems through individual assessment of nutritional status and estimation of requirements.
- Devise and implement appropriate nutritional care plans so that patients are assessed and advised appropriately.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of standards and quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate effectively in multidisciplinary teams, team meetings and case conferences.
- Participate in research and in developing databases for relevant patient groups.
- Know the limits of own practice and when to seek advice / refer to another health professional.
Contribute to service planning and development in their area of assignment and prepare and present information that will aid operational and strategic planning for future service development.
- Maintain appropriate patient records, metrics and statistics in accordance with HSE and local guidelines. Prepare patient progress reports, performance indicators or statistics as required.
- Maintain legal and professional standards with regard to patient and data confidentiality e.g. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Freedom of Information (FOI).
- Represent the department at meetings, committees and/or conferences as required.
- Make efficient use of developments in Information Technology.
- Keep up to date with organisational developments within the Irish Health Service.
The above Job Specification is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Candidates for Appointment must:
- Be registered, or be eligible for registration as a Dietitian by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU
- Candidates must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
- Provide proof of Statutory Registration on the Dietitians Register maintained by the Dietitians Register maintained by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment can be issued.
- Annual Registration
- On appointment practitioners must maintain annual registration on the Dietitians Register maintained by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU
- Practitioner must confirm annual registration with CORU to the HSE by way of the annual Patient Safety Assurance Certificate (PSAC)
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on +353832033637 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
For a full list of our current job vacancies please go to: https://www.peglobal.net/job-sectors/healthcare/