Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Full Time
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Ecologist for a leading client based in Co Offaly.
My client has a vacancy for an Ecologist on a two-year fixed term basis.
- Develop and update site-specific Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rehabilitation plans and National Parks & Wildlife Services (NPWS) packages as part of the Peatland Climate Action Scheme (PCAS). Deliver other PCAS requirements (stakeholder consultation and management, liaising with NPWS staff, data management, monitoring and verification, habitat surveys, bird surveys, other ecological surveys, GIS mapping, liaison and support of other PCAS staff, Appropriate Assessment screening and Appropriate Assessment support, including liaison with third party consultants and participation in determinations).
- Support other Land & Habitats projects including current third party raised bog restoration projects. This includes liaising with 3rd party consultants, baseline survey and digitisation of cutover and raised bog habitat mapping, ecotope mapping, ecological support, reviewing reports, participating in meetings to plan raised bog restoration, and data management. Provide ecological and biodiversity support to other clients Land and Habitats Provide ecological and biodiversity support to other client Divisions, where needed, in support of the wider company objectives, such as the delivery of the National Climate Action Plan via the development of Renewable Energy and other company projects.
- Support other Bn peatland rehabilitation projects and assist in the delivery of the company’s Biodiversity Action Engage with internal stakeholders to consult on and raise
awareness of the clients Biodiversity Action Plan. Identify new projects that will facilitate delivery of the clients biodiversity objective.
- Level 8+ qualification in ecology or related scientific subject or
- 5 years relevant
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and GIS (ArcGIS).
- Proficient in ecological surveying, habitat and species identification, specific species surveys
- Experience in digital capturing of data using GPS tablets, processing, and manipulation of survey data
- Full clean driving license is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ecology Consultancy experience especially in the planning and/or oversight of peatland rehabilitation highly desirable.
- Membership of CIEEM would be an
- Experience in peatland species and habitats highly desirable
- Experience in Appropriate Assessment desirable
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Niamh on +353 21 4520313 or alternatively send an up to date CV to Niamh.email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***