Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Environmental Specialist for our biopharmaceutical client in Cork. This is a 12-month contract onsite role.
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental and Sustainability programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to Environmental Compliance matters.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary role –
- Provide Environmental Compliance support for projects and operational business at the Cork site
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) programmes to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements and support the achievement of ISO14001 & 45001.
- Assist in the management of all environmental related matters including, Waste, IE Licence, GHG Permit and GMO Permit.
- Assist with the preparation of EHS reports as required for both internal and external groups e.g. J&J Corporate reporting requirements, EPA annual reporting for both IE Licence and GHG Permit.
- Incident & accident investigation
- EHS communication & training
- Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and J&J standards are in place.
- Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
Additional scope –
- Provide EHS support for site projects – EHS by design, participate in site HAZOP process for projects, change control impact assessment
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
- Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
She/he will have a strong Environmental Compliance general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio/Pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EH&S expertise on and off site.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working to ISO14001 and ISO 45001 international standards, preferably
within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
- A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
- Creates dashboards, power-point presentations and can track and trend KPI’s, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
KEY INDIVIDUAL LEADER COMPETENCIES:
- A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- Builds strong productive lasting relationships
- S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
- Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
- Uses best practices to improve business operations
- Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
- Effectively manages and adapts to change
- Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others
- Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas.
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents and ideas
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Treats people with dignity and respect
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***