Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
EHS Specialist – Limerick
- Limerick city
PE Global are recruiting for an EHS Specialist on an initial 12 month contract, to be based on our clients site in Limerick City. Our client is a world leading Medical Device manufacturer. 12 month initial contract.
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Monitoring, analyzing and collating of EHS performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients, corporate and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare EHS reports as the need arises for both internal and external groups
- Perform periodic evaluations and audits to ensure compliance with all EHS permits, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies such as local authorities, Environment Agencies and competent bodies.
- Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
- Co-ordinate and deliver EHS training on EHS related issues.
- Co-ordinate and provide technical support for the site risk assessment program and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
- Assist in coordination of the sites EHS teams and provide SME support on EHS related issues.
- Investigate accidents and incidents; develop robust corrective actions and track progress.
- Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments and legal requirements and to advise accordingly.
- Maintain compliance with site environmental programs and licences, including reporting requirements, incident investigations and maintenance of monitoring infrastructure.
- Ability to operate as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
- Previous experience working to ISO14001 international standards, preferably within a medical device or related environment is required.
- A relevant third level qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 2 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety.
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies.
- Previous experience in carrying out Risk Assessment and/or Hazard Analysis
- A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Conal on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***