Engineering & Electronics
Electrical Design Manager
- Full Time
- County Cork, Cork, Ireland
PE Global Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Manager to join our client, a leading Electrical Contractor based in Cork. The client is an industry leader who are currently working on an extensive and high profile portfolio of renewable power generation projects nationwide.
Your new role:
We are now seeking a to join our Power Division. The successful candidate can be based nationwide, with occasional travel to the client’s offices and sites being required. The successful candidate will report directly to the CTO. This position will provide support in all areas to the Power Division as well as to the team members and requires a high degree of technical knowledge, business acumen and people management.
This position requires that an individual be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, as well as possess excellent problem solving skills, superior organisational and communication skills and the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
The role is a senior position, and represents an exciting opportunity to grow and develop the Engineering Design Department. Responsibilities will include the management, mentoring and development of more junior staff and the development of processes and systems to ensure that the department can support the client’s growth ambitions.
To provide engineering solutions for all aspects of grid connection and customer side installations, from conception through detailed design to construction, energisation and handover.
The role includes directly undertaking and/or managing sub-consultants performing the following:
- Preparing primary substation design layouts
- Busbar system calculations, thermal & mechanical loading
- Secondary design including preparation of control & protection schematics
- Auxiliary AC & DC system sizing and specification
- Protection coordination studies
- Lightning protection, protective shielding, earthing design
- HV cable rating calculation and system design including losses calculations, load flow studies, short circuit studies
- Engineering from initial Feasibility stage through to project completion
- Application for connections to TSO/DSO
- Witness of factory & site acceptance testing
- Interface engineering with TSO/DSO
- Bid preparation
- Specification and procurement of major items of electrical plant
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- A primary degree in Electrical Engineering is not a pre-requisite but is desirable.
- 8 to 10 years similar experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with MV/HV design, HV substation and underground cable design is desirable.
- Experience in people management or leading a team.
- Previous experience with grid connections / renewable energy / airfield works is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including diagnostic skills, and familiarity with Auto-CAD, ePlan, Power Factor or similar is preferred.
- A fully hybrid working model is in operation between home, office and site
- Attractive Salary and Bonus structure
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Career progression opportunities with a growing company
- Support to achieve Chartered Status
- Further education support
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Standard industry training provided
- On-Site Gym
- Wellness Programme