Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Electrical Maintenance Technician – Days
- Full Time
- Dublin West
Maintenance Technician – Days Only – Office Hours
Required to manage the maintenance, repair of equipment and facilities in operation on site. Liaising with external contractors for the maintenance and repair of same. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for running and maintaining the preventative maintenance system to pre-determined guidelines. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Lead Technician.
- Electrical/Mechanical/software qualification plus time served in a Plastic-processing environment would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a facility maintenance environment would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of PLC Programming and electrical work.
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic drawings would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge in mould maintenance and experience of supporting a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Some understanding of the injection moulding process.
- Previous experience working on technically challenging applications would be an advantage (i.e.) medical, tight tolerance work.
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and external contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance of plant and equipment in the company, compiling standard specifications /procedures for each item and monitoring all existing plant to standard specifications.
- The above equipment will include among others, moulding machines, automation/robots, water heaters, oil heaters, conveyors and hot runner controllers.
- Work with the Team Leads in troubleshooting equipment/plant problems.
- Responsible for specifying and purchasing the most suitable equipment and in conjunction with the Buyer/Planner negotiating the best deal.
- Establishes relationships with the customers and suppliers in pursuit of continuous improvement and on-going business development.
- Attends, schedules and facilitates internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
- Solves, in conjunction with the Quality department, customer related problems/issues as needed
- In conjunction with approved vendors, research new processes and/or systems for maintenance/manufacture of equipment and implement new processes and systems as developed under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Instructs others, formally or informally, regarding manufacturing related skills or knowledge and assist in the training of employees on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Coordinate the development of documentation in the facilities areas in line with ISO9001/ ISO 13485 requirements, and review the systems with the Process Engineers/Team Leads and the Quality department on a regular basis to ensure conformance to same.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Act in accordance with the company’s Guiding principles and adherence to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
Delegation of Duties: When absent from the site duties and responsibilities will be delegated to the following designates Maintenance Technician & Maintenance Lead Technician
We are open to applications from, Motor, Airline, Automation, Fitters industry’s.
Candidates will need good attention to detail, and want to progress through a company.
Role may also be a good fit for a qualified electrician that has worked in industry.