Engineering & Electronics
Electrician Commissioning Technician
- Full Time
PE Global is currently recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Technician for a leading Engineering client based in Co Kildare.
My client provides trusted engineering support to our industry partners in Ireland and the USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical commissioning activity on our client’s site.
- Commission electrical equipment in a semi-conductor start up
- Professional customer engagement.
- Interact and respond to project leads directions.
- Prepare Electrical Operational test documents for start process.
- Carry out site walks and create snag lists as the project.
- Ability to work to tight timelines and schedules.
- Pro-active attitude generates ideas and inputs to deliverables to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
- Delivers on time.
- Monitoring of contractor workmanship.
- Tracking of the electrical start up activities projects
- Experience in power up and pre-testing of electrical switchgear and distribution centres.
- Start-up of systems such as HVAC, Pumping systems, process delivery systems, Pumps, motors etc.
- Experience in maintenance and or start-up of VSD’S and soft starts for three phase motors.
- Management and documentation of project.
- Accept equipment on behalf of the client from the main contractor.
- Be part of a team where you are the electrical lead for the systems’, acceptance, operational and functional testing / qualification in order to make systems ready and qualified for handover to sustaining.
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction / installation activities on site.
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, writes and sends to QC Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Checks cable laying and cable identification.
- Performs all relevant loop checks.
- Updates as built drawings through documentation process.
- Performs punch-listing operations.
- Oversees power transformers, switchboard, accumulator battery, sockets outlet, lighting system.
- Oversees visual inspections, checks rating and material for connection.
- Oversees tests of continuity, insulation resistance.
- Witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Check conformity with the Quality Control Plan, obtain the relevant documentation, check procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls and inspections, manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan.
- Apprenticeship Qualified Electrician Fetac Level 6
- Strong PC skills, particularly MS office suite. (Specifically excel and word)
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong team working ethos.
- Strong team player
- Problem Solver
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Niamh on +353 21 4520313 or alternatively send an up to date CV to Niamh.email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***