Engineering & Electronics
Emissions and Instrumentation Technician
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global are looking for a Emission Technician to work on contract for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. 12 Month + contract
This role will support the Emissions Measurement Services department.
The candidate needs the knowledge, base skills, and experience to be able to install, service, calibrate and maintain our fleet of emissions measurement equipment, this will include assisting engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes in a laboratory environment.
Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
This is a shift position, operating on our 24/7 support shift pattern and comes with a 22% uplift across all shifts – Earlies (05:30-14:00), Days (07:00-16:30), Afternoons (13:00-22:30). This role includes weekend working – 1 weekend in 4.
- Practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment
- Knowledge of Electronics and Instrumentation
- Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations
- Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment
- Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
- Evaluating products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline
- Provide first line breakdown cover
- Technical Apprenticeship trained with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
- The capacity for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with peers
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- Experienced maintainer of measurement equipment / instrumentation.
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement and/or particulate measurement
Experience / Knowledge of Horiba MEXA Gaseous Analysers
- Experience / Knowledge of Sierra / Cambustion Particulate Analysers and Partial flow systems
- Experience / Knowledge of AVL Smoke / MicroSoot / Opacimeter instruments
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment
- Experience of working in engineering technician role
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***