Engineering & Electronics
Engine Test Technician
PE Global are looking for a Mechanical Technicians to work for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This a 12 month extendable contract and flexible working hours.
- Adhere to the Organisation’s health and safety policy and safe working practices.
- Adhere to Caterpillar’s Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Teamwork & Sustainability
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free installations of engines into test cells along with the connection of test measurement and associated equipment and services that allow for high quality data collection.
- Collaborative working with an assigned NVH engineer to install instrumentation for gathering vibration and noise data with industry standard equipment
- Liaise and communicate with engineers responsible for engine test programs
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engines and test cell equipment.
- Support value stream improvements projects.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy, and safe in line with 5S and total preventative maintenance (TPM)
- Undertake training and further learning as required.
- Good engine and mechanical diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in motor vehicle maintenance or engine testing.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience and have completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data capture equipment is desirable, however specific training will be provided
- The ability to use hand/power tools and lifting equipment
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with various levels of the organisation.
- An ability to work well in a team & be self-motivated.
- Have a fully flexible approach to the job role & responsibilities.
- Prepared to undertake required training/learning.
- PC Literate – MS Packages
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***