Engineering & Electronics
Engines Electrical Engineer
- Full Time
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global are looking for a Engine Electronic Engineer to work for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is an open ended contract role. Hybrid after 6 months with 50% onsite due to the nature of the work conducted.
This role is the primary technical support for the Electronic system. It entails proactively working with other Electronics team members and with development partners to:
- Provide technical support to queries related to pinouts, schematic questions, software functionality support
- Investigate /Analyse / troubleshoot any reported quality issues.
- Raise and propose changes or improvements to components/system or processes.
- Create or modify software flashfiles based on approved requests and guidance from the Technical Lead. No software coding experience is necessary as this is a configuration task.
- Maintain & improve validation test plans for software features.
- Review and support technical publications, ensuring that systems’ technical contents are relevant and correct.
- Create and maintain system architecture diagrams and schematics.
- Participate in, or lead, the definition of the system architecture, and of the selection of Electronic components.
- Participate in, and maintain, the FMEA and validation activities for the Electronic system and components
- Degree-qualified engineer with experience in the broad range of systems engineering activities involved in the development of Electronic Engine, machine or automotive control systems.
- Demonstrated experience of:
- Actively collecting and developing detailed Electronic related customer requirements
- Documenting Electronic technical specifications
- Defining Electronic features and coordinating the development of them.
- Completion of verification testing of software features
- Fault finding on Electronic systems, down to a component (eg: sensor) level
- Participation in FMEA development
- Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with proven, methodical, ‘fault finding’ capability
- Experience of integration aspects of a system for both fault finding and for Electronic system design ie: down to PWM, analogue and communications signals and experience of how to integrate the Electronic components together
- Very good teaming and communication skills
- Good initiative, self-starter
- Ability to build strong working relationships, locally and within a Global team
- Provide focus on the customer and their needs
Ability to initiate and take independent action
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***