Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
Environmental Health Safety Specialist
- Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
PE Global is recruiting for an EHS Specialist for our medical device client in Limerick. This is an initial 12-month contract onsite role.
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS matters.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide EHS project support for projects at the Limerick site:
o Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) as part of Management of Change process to ensure that all EHS requirements and standards are in place.
o Participate in design reviews, HAZOPs, JSAs, noise, IH/ergonomics, FATs / SATs, walkdowns as required.
o Support PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects as required.
o Support IA action closure tracking
• Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
• Provide support to functions for Incident & accident investigations and close out of CAPA’s
• Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with requirements.
• Provide oversight and technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
• Provide oversight and technical support on HECP (Hazardous Energy Control Procedures) Program.
• Provide support on Manual Handling and Lock Out Tag Out Training.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as
She/he will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the MedTech industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EHS expertise on and off site.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Compliance focused.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
• Customer focus.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent presentation and training skills.
• Strong Influencing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Results and performance driven.
• Adaptable and flexible.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Availability and willingness to travel on company business.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working to ISO14001 and ISO45001 international standards, preferably.
within a MedTech or related environment is required.
• A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 2 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area, ideally in the Medtech or Pharma industry.
• Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in Environment, Health and Safety
• Good computer skills with the ability to create dashboards, work in Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to track and trend KPI’s, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
• Familiarity with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 would be a distinct advantage.
• Machine and Electrical Safety experience.
• Manual Handling Trainer
• EHS project experience.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills.
• A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks.
KEY INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES:
• A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
• Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals.
• Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
• Builds strong productive lasting relationships.
• S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues.
• Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others.
• Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
• Uses best practices to improve business operations.
• Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution.
• Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value.
• Effectively manages and adapts to change.
• Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others.
• Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas.
• Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents and ideas.
• Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
• Treats people with dignity and respect.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***