Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Southern England
This is an initial 12 month contract with strong possibility of extension.
The Epidemiologist role is part of the Data & Analytics Center (DAC) within the Center of Observational Research (CfOR). The DAC is responsible for performing analyses on the client’s real-world data (RWD) assets. The DAC Epidemiologist will be responsible for writing Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), developing medical code lists for studies, guiding data analysts to explore large healthcare databases and interpreting the study results and outputs. Prior experience with large databases such as Marketscan or CPRD is strongly desired. Experience in SAS, R or other statistical software is also highly desired.
- Responsible for writing of SAPs
- Contributes to projects using real-world healthcare data assets
- Guiding the analysts to explore RWD
- Contributes to research strategy within the product team and epidemiology TA
- Provides input into epidemiology department meetings
- Stays abreast of the latest developments in the field of epidemiology and drug development, healthcare RWD and contributes to the field
- Promotes epidemiologic awareness
- Promotes understanding and use of RWD and epidemiologic methods
- Communicate significant scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Doctorate in Epidemiology or other subject with high epidemiologic content
- Experience in epidemiologic research
- Experience in working with observational data
- Experience communicating epidemiological information (written and oral)
- Knowledge of SAS, R or other statistical software
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and organization and time management skills are essential.
- MSc in Epidemiology, Statistics, Genetic Epidemiology or other subject with high quantitative content
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of epidemiology studies within Pharmaceutical or Public Health setting
- Experience in research to support drug development
- Experience with large databases such as Marketscan or CPRD
- Experience in epidemiological project planning and management
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up to date CV to Jennifer.email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***