Engineering & Electronics
Equipment Project Engineer
- County Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Equipment Project Engineer for a leading multi-national Medical Device client based in Limerick.
This is an initial 12-month contract position.
Provide engineering support in developing new or improving existing equipment and/or process related activities. Define or assist in defining process equipment requirements and specifications based on process requirements, safety requirements and customer needs
- Perform project management tasks for small to medium scale projects involving either new or existing equipment
- Assist in determining the budget to support requirements
- Evaluate or assist in evaluating technology necessary to support requirements
- Propose options to Management/Customer/Stakeholders
- Provide technical support for projects
- Support and/or develop and execute equipment or process related validations in accordance with IML requirements, processes and procedures
- Assist in negotiation with equipment suppliers
- Utilize necessary project tools, i.e. URS, Microsoft Project, etc. to manage projects successfully
- Develop the necessary equipment, process and product knowledge to be recognised as a local expert.
- Measure/evaluate equipment efficiencies, downtime and assist in the development of maintenance requirements
- Propose and implement improvement projects that improve compliance, improve efficiencies, yields or throughputs
- Define root cause and implement solutions to equipment and process related non-conformances utilising the NCMR and CAPA processes
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements
- Ensure effective closure on quality system documents (Audit Action, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc.)
- Implementation of safety/environment requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent qualification in production, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- 3 +years’ experience in relevant engineering role
- Prior experience in a GMP or medical device manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in equipment and process validation activities
- Process development experience
- Familiar with ISO safety standards
- Previous experience in the use of ‘black belt’ statistical techniques would be a distinct advantage, as would familiarity with equipment validation in a FDA environment
- Have statistical process control and capability analysis using ANOVA and DOE techniques
- Ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximize productivity and yields is an essential requirement
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link to apply, call Conal on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***