Oil & Gas
- Glenrothes, Fife, UK
PE Global are looking for a Welder/Fabricator to join a reputable Oil & Energy services company on contract based in Glenrothes, Scotland. This is a 6 month + contract with a high chance of converting to permanent. This role is a shift position with shift allowances. 3 rotational shift pattern.
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
- Interpret Engineering drawings welding components to defined dimensions.
- Interpret engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective solution without compromising quality or safety
- Plan and schedule workload according to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets
- Attend team meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
- Record accurate job route time entry.
- Identify and report quality related issues to chargehand.
- Willingly accept and receive training.
- Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the chargehand to understand the root cause where required.
- Willingly assist chargehand to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the chargehand and implement changes when requested.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by chargehand.
- Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall direct labour costs.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
- Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
Travel as and when required.
Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Time served apprenticeship
- Fronius Hot Wire TIG Overlay
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***