Engineering & Electronics
Facilities Engineer – Carlow
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Facilities Engineer for a leading multi-national Pharmaceutical client based in Carlow.
This is an initial 11-month contract position, reporting to the site Facilities Lead
- Collaboration with other departments and our out-sourced partners to ensure the successful delivery of the Facility and Utility Support function in the safest, most time efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain Facility and Utility Support services in the context of retaining a permanent inspection readiness state for the site.
- Support continuous improvement by active participation in projects, system failure studies and incident investigations using recognised methodologies such as 8SPS, RCA etc.
- Support the development and execution of Change Control related to the Engineering function.
- Participate in and contribute to Lean measures such as Gemba and Kaizen events.
- Comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions, ensuring consideration of the impact on GMP and compliance and decisions made.
- Accountable for compliance via documentation completion, risk assessments, closing out corrective actions, participate in audits and inspections and proactively highlighting any issues around compliance.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to relevant onsite stakeholders and support the resolution of any such issues.
- Development of new and review and update of existing SOPs.
- Support the implementation of the site Reliability Engineering program.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams to ensure project activity is supported through inspection and safety walks.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in Carlow.
- Collaborate with multiple partners (e.g., IPT, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Quality, Labs, Third Parties, Vendors etc).
- Drafting presentations and reporting out on progress on initiatives to stakeholders as required.
- Managing vendors for work on site ensuring compliance with safety and permitting requirements for all on site activities.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; ideally in an Engineering, Science or other technical discipline
- Min. 3 years’ experience in a comparable role typically gained operating as an independent contributor adding considerable value to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on objectives with limited oversight.
- Experience within Facilities and Utilities support areas in a GMP manufacturing environment and have a proven track record in identifying and delivering improvement projects.
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices.
- Excellent report, standards, policy writing skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and job-related computer applications required.
- Strong safety ethos.
- Proven record of management of change in a commercial site.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link to apply, call Conal on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***