Engineering & Electronics
Field Service Engineer – Cork / Munster area
- Full Time
- Carrigtohill, County Cork, Ireland
The Field Service Engineer supports the service element of the company by carrying out service activities on site in a manner that delivers efficient and effective outcomes for the customer and maintains a strong customer focus. The role will act as a brand ambassador ensuring strong display of knowledge and competence in all interactions with our customers.
Experience & Skills Required
- Degree, Diploma or time served in the field of Process Instrumentation & Control or in an associated technical background.
- Relevant experience in industrial measurement in Life Science / Pharma, Food & Beverage or Water / Waste Water Industries.
- Experience as a Service Technician / Engineer in a process instrumentation / control environment with a particular emphasis on commissioning / startup and troubleshooting would be viewed as a major asset.
- Full, clean, driving license.
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook. Training will be provided on any additional internal software deployed as part of the role.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites throughout Ireland.
- Willingness to be flexible around working hours and to participate in overtime as the need arises.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility for customer problems to achieve resolution.
- Awareness of the necessary requirements in provision of a customer orientated, cost effective and profitable service.
- Excellent communication skills: clear and effective written and spoken communication ability.
- Team player, with upbeat and friendly personality.
- Willingness to follow direction and implement policy.
- Punctual, self – motivated and possess organizational skills.
Additions to note specific to the role
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company product range: Analysis, Level, Flow, Pressure, Data Recorders, Temperature, Digital Communication so as to perform all service activities.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Requirement to travel overseas to our factory locations in the pursuit of training and knowledge development
**A company vehicle will be provided, and the role comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
**Full job description available upon application