Field Service Foreman
- Full Time
- Dublin City Centre, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global are delighted to have partnered with a leading water technologies organisation to recruit a Field Service Foreman to join the team. This is a full time, permanent role. This role is based in Leinster.
To provide the highest level of service to our customers and continuous support to the Field Service Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To deliver “Service Excellence” and ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- To travel nationwide to customers’ sites to ensure all works are carried out in line with approved method statements and to spot-check Health and Safety requirements.
- Proactively work with the Field Service Manager, communicating feedback or analyses of team performance or any site issues.
- Manage and review engineers’ timesheets ensuring they are always up to date.
- Review overtime calculations prior to payment.
- Review the Service Team’s average working hours, ensuring they comply with legislative requirements.
- Ensure reports are properly completed in line with Customer/Company requirements.
- Management of the on-call rota.
- Vendor Management (Toolkits, Test Kits).
- Ensure that team members comply with all Company Safety Policy aspects.
- Prepare documentation for engineers’ site visits (Training documents, inductions).
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Service Team.
- Attend training courses when required and acquire a good working knowledge of the Company’s Equipment and Applications.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to safety and health regulations and obligations, together with all Company Policies and Procedures, with particular reference to ISO Quality Procedures, e.g. Work Instructions and Method Statements incorporating Risk Assessments.
- Adhere to site rules and participate in site inductions as and when required.
- Represent the Company professionally on-site and wear the Company-branded clothing and personal protective equipment supplied at all times.
Ad Hoc Duties
You may be required to travel overseas on business, training or related business from time to time.
Any other Ad Hoc duties as required
Requirements And Core Competencies:
- Flexibility: Demonstrate a flexible approach to working hours in order to cope with urgent situations and an unexpected workload, as well as a willingness to undertake the additional duties which may be required from time to time by the Company.
- Ownership & Accountability: To work efficiently and effectively and to take full ownership and accountability for the execution and delivery of the key responsibilities and tasks defined in this role and to seek direction and approval from Management, or appointed delegate, where required.
- Professional Relationships: To maintain strong and professional relationships with customers and colleagues and always deliver excellent service to the best of your abilities.
- Continuous Improvement: To commit to the company’s ongoing success and undertake to actively identify and deliver continuous improvement and growth within the Company.
- Policies & Procedures: To follow Company Directives and adhere to Company Policies and Procedures at all times
A trade qualification is desirable.
2-3 years experience in a similar role
Experience in a supervisory or related role.
Proven leadership skills.
Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
Skills & Experience
Have great communication, organisational, planning and time management skills.
Excellent people skills with proven leadership qualities and ability to motivate others.
An awareness of the potential risks to health and safety on all clients’ sites.
Ability to successfully organise, plan and prioritise work.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michaela on +353 83 4009747 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***