Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
- Dublin City Centre
PE Global is currently recruiting A Financial Planning and Analysis Accountant for a Client Based in Dublin for a specific purpose Contract.
The successful person will work as part of the Financial Planning & Risk Management team and will be expected to make a dynamic contribution in the provision of a responsive, effective, and user-friendly financial support service for the University community and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of multi-annual financial plans and forecasts (incl. income, expenditure and cashflow) for the University and its constituent Faculties and Divisions, in addition to monitoring and reporting of performance against such plans.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget for the University and its constituent Faculties and Divisions, in addition to monitoring and reporting of performance against the budget.
- Provide quarterly analytical forecasts and analysis of complex financial data including trend and variance analysis for the University and its constituent Faculties and Divisions.
- Recommending and supporting improvements in the University’s financial systems and accounting practice to meet current and future business needs
- Assist with the maintenance of the University’s financial risk register
- Assist with the design and delivery of presentations and reports for the HEA, IUA, University Board and Principal Committees and other associated Groups
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Knowledge and Experience
- Candidate must be a fully qualified accountant and be a member of a recognised Irish Accounting body.
- Applicants will have at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar role, in a medium to large organisation.
- Experience in Oracle or other computerised accounting environment is essential.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with previous financial accounting experience.
- Well-developed organisational skills with a proven ability to manage various tasks in a busy environment and prioritise accordingly, deadline oriented with good attention to detail.
- Confident problem solver, resourceful with the ability to troubleshoot basic issues (including IT)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential; the successful candidate will be comfortable explaining complex situations in simple terms, dealing with queries from both internal and external stakeholders in an accessible and professional manner.
- Strong computer skills with use of IT as a driver of efficiency; high level of competency in MS Office applications, including Microsoft Excel as a support tool for reporting and analysis, are essential.
- Ability to learn new tasks, and adapt to a changing environment, including a blended working environment, working both on-site and remotely.
- Keeps stakeholders, customers (both internal and external) informed on progress.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in a professional and friendly manner.
- Manages own time and effort to achieve agreed objectives to a high standard, with accuracy and on time.
- Takes the initiative to suggest ideas for improvement.
- Assesses and reviews work and identifies continuous improvement with a focus on quality delivery.
- Works effectively in a climate of changing priorities in a flexible manner and supports team to do the same.
- Builds networks and partnerships across the University.
- Demonstrates a positive and constructive approach when faced with challenging situations
- Adopts a can-do attitude, anticipating and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Collates information from diverse sources, analysing the situation in a thorough manner
- Monitors progress against plan adapting as necessary and ensures others are aware of changes and the reasons for them.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***